Saturday 30 June 2012

Currently Reading

I read a lot of non-fiction. Most autobiographies, biographies, letters and diaries of my favourite authors.

I read and reread and, unlike most people, the books I buy are kept and read and read again and again.

Some people think I'm nuts!

Luckily my darling mother agrees with me. We talk about books forever on the phone and if one of us thinks we have mislaid a precious tome, its "look on the bottom shelf. Second in from the left". Or wherever.

Then there is the time when I go through phases.

I'm currently going through my 1930's phase. This includes a book which was read on Book of the Week on BBC Radio 4 years ago. And I mean years!

In my previous life when I worked as a PA to a lovely lovely man, he used to ask for my book list for Christmas and birthday.

In December 1991 this was on my list

Photo courtesy of Google Images

and I'm reading it again for the umpteenth time.

I love it!

I laugh with her. I cringe when she cringes. I sympathise with the trials and tribulations of running a household  on a tight budget (though, of course, we don't have "staff" ROTFLOL!).

I can thoroughly recommend it. And if you are American and reading this, you'd love "The Provincial Lady in America".

You can read more about E.M. Delafield  here.

More soon.

1 comment:

Diane-crewe said...

not read that one... I also re-read favorites x My daughter wanted to "get reading" so a small group of us put togeter a list... we have just read (thats re-read for me!) A Town Like Alice... one of my alltime favorites xx Next is Animal Farm.. will also be a re-read xx Enjoy your books x