Monday 27 February 2012

Liberated Amish 2012 Progress

I made a start on this project with some solid triangles I received in the Liberated Quilters Yahoo! Worldwide Swap.

These progressed to


this


which progressed to this.


As I said before, I'm using the hand dyes sent by lovely Kate. However, there are only 6 blocks so what I'm proposing is to extend the red border the rest of the way round and then make up some more blocks like the one in the top right hand corner and they'll be on the right hand side with yet more red continuing on round the hand dyes.

This quilt will totally not be the quilt which I originally planned to liberate. It seems to have taken on a life of its own and I'm liking how it's turning out.

Isn't it weird how you start a quilt with a specific idea in mind and it turns into something completely different.

Onto home matters.  The Young One is home for the holidays, but we haven't got the lovely Magaly with us this time, which is a blessed relief in some respects.

After the thaw, the pipes to the main bathroom burst and the plastic outlet pipe for the bath split. The pipes to The Young One's shower room and wash hand basin also burst. Luckily we managed to turn off the hot water to those pipes before the deluge drained the hot water tank.

We do have another shower room/loo which the whole family is using, but I'm getting a bit fed up!

Then at the beginning of last week the hot water tank gave up the ghost so no hot water for about 4 days while we waited for the friendly plumber to re-arrange his schedule and install another one. Oh joy of joys - last Thursday was the day!

So we are just about back to normal and the sun has been shining since last Friday.



On that note I'm going back to the sewing machine.

More soon

7 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

You've had your share of household "adventures" this winter...that bright quilt should help!

apiecefullife said...

What alot of things going wrong!
But I love your Amish colour.Are those triangles hard to piece?

Wendy said...

beautiful triangles!

VivJM said...

Loving those triangles. All the best quilts evolve serendipitously like that I reckon x

Sharon said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about your plumbing problems. That makes life so miserable! I'm glad that things are getting sorted out now.

I see that you are making progress at the sewing machine! It looks great! And yes, some quilts are quite insistent that they be a certain way, and we must listen! LOL I love your border idea!

Parisbreakfasts said...

Absolutely lovely!

Nicky said...

Love all these colours together! Makes a beautiful quilt!