Monday 2 August 2010

The day Viv and I went shopping .....

....... I bought


A lovely book by Susan Briscoe full of lots of lovely tips and great ideas and some gorgeous FQ's.  (Actually I didn't buy the book with her.  I got it the next day;)

Some ric rac, pale lilac solid and some lovely fabric for my new niece's quilt. The rotary cutter I got the next day too.

We went round all the charity shops looking for bargains.  Viv got some lovely corduroy.  She's making a corduroy quilt à la Gee's Bend and she also got the bargain of the year.  She found this http://tinyurl.com/2arqm3g for the princely sum of £1.50.  I had to content myself with the Katherine Guerrier book for £1.00.  it's got some good ideas for colour combinations.


However, I did manage to get these lovely FQ's with a ric rac design before she did!  She was busy buying up the whole stock of ric rac LOL!


 I just love those FQ's together.  The colours are amazing.


And I just had to have that blue spotted batik and, of course, the spider web fabric.


Thanks for a brilliant day Viv.  Did you tell your Mother I'm not a mad axe killer!

3 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

During a quilt documentation day I saw a great cordaroy quilt (made from scraps from a local mill) that was tied about every 1-1/2 inches with red wool yard...the quilt had been washed and the yard "felted" into little "pom-poms" making the whole thing look polka-dotted (is that a word?) Anyway, I've been wanting to try something like...thanks for the reminder!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Gorgeous finds! So, you waited until Viv turned her back to buy some of it, and until she wasn't around at all, to buy some more! Ha! You smart little shopper you!!

Glad you two had so much fun...you needed a nice trip and some shopping fun (besides all your hard work and helping of friends)!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I missed that ricrac print fabric!! Had a lovely day, and my mum was pleased you turned out not to be a mad axe killer :-). Look forward to seeing a quilt made with all your lovely new FQs, what have you got planned? Viv x