Wednesday 21 March 2012

Wednesday's Wall


I had to plan and write the first round for this year's Liberated Round Robin. I promise you - when you've spent hours planning what to do for everyone else and you get to start, it ain't as easy as it sounds.

I thought and thought and thought and eventually came up with this for starters.


Made up of pieces sent to me in the 2011 and 2012 Worldwide Swaps.

It grew a bit bigger and then I started slashing.

This is the result.

 


Umm - needs something else - a bit of Chartreuse Green perhaps?



I forgot how much fabric stretches when slashed. Nothing matches! That's liberated for you!

Now that's out of the way, and the second round isn't due to be published until April, I can catch up on quilting chores.

More soon.

5 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE the result of your slashing!!

I have some blocks that may need this approach . . .

Deborah said...

How fun! Love what you did with this! Deb.

Michele Bilyeu@ With Heart and Hands said...

It looks really good, Clare! It think you did a awesome start with this!

Pippa Parsons said...

ohhh I like the slashing... very vivid green... I'm awarding you the Liebster award too :) http://pippaspatch.blogspot.fr/2012/03/liebster-award.html

Erica said...

Wow I love what you did! Can't wait to see more!!