Sunday 5 December 2010

2 Days to Go - Jumping in at the Deep End

In 2008 Tonya started the Lazy Gal Summer Class 2008.  Up until then I'd been a bit wary of joining up with others and showing my work.  I still wasn't sure of my letters and didn't think my work was good enough, compared to that of Quiltingdiva Julie, Kristin and Lynne.

However, there is no time like the present so I jumped from the upper most board and, oh boy, did I have fun!

I started liberated stars and made a quilt for my niece.

You Are a Star!
I then joined up for Tonya's Priority Hope Challenge, and managed to make a quilt for AAQI which was a lesson in itself.  How do you make those letters fit that space!

There is Hope

The next 2 photos are a table runner I made for Mum at the end of 2007. My step-father and I had private discussions about the length and width of the dining room table and what colours.  Mum must have wondered what on earth was happening when he was measuring the table, especially when I lost the measurements and he had to do it again!

I can't remember the measurements now, but it's huge!


That's all for now - I've got Sunday chores to do.

More tomorrow.

4 comments:

Millie said...

I love your stars quilt, and the table runner is SO cool!

Tonya Ricucci said...

YOU are a star! that is a big table - what a fun idea.

YankeeQuilter said...

The table runner cracked me up! How fun...

Scrappy quilter said...

It's been fun seeing these.